Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yoga, Tai chi, Tae Kwon Do, and the Fitness Center

On Monday night, I attended a free yoga class that took place at the Herrington Patriot Fitness Center. I had a lot of fun for that hour I was in the yoga session. We did a lot of stretches, and a lot of breathing. The class was taught by a new teacher named Laura. She was really nice & I loved her class. The Monday night yoga classes meet from 6:15-7:15 p.m.

Tuesday I was all ready to go to the new tai chi class & then possibly attend the power yoga class that meets after words. Well, the hot water heater has gone out at my house & Mom needed me to stay home because the plumbers needed to come in & out of the house. So I had to miss the 11:30-12:30 tai chi class. Then I had a scheduled doctors appointment with the on campus health clinic at 2 P.M., so I didn't go to power yoga either, which is from 12:30-1:30.

& here I was at the beginning of the week planning on attending all these awesome exercise sessions at the fitness center, & I am having to remain at home & miss the exercises. Funny how life will work that way sometimes....that & it seems that my family's 60 year old house keeps having major problems.

Oh well, the good news is that these exercise sessions will continue on through the semester. If you have to miss an exercise session, it's not a big deal. They are not like regular classes you pay to take, you won't fall behind in these, I hope.

For more classes & times, check out the HPC's fitness schedual hand out. I keep it as the front cover of my school binder so I can see which classes are being held and the times offered. You can also check the daily schedule at the fitness center written on the white board or ask the desk attendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment