Thursday, January 27, 2011

Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference..... What A Trip!!!!

I had a great opportunity to attend the SBSLC this year for the very first time at Texas A&M University. The conference was January 20-23 and I had an awesome time meeting so many educated students. Several guests were also keynote speakers that weekend consisting of Dominique Dawes (Olympic Gold Medalist), Richard T. Jones(Actor in Why Did I Get Married? and The Wood) and several others. There were several workshops to attend pertaining to leadership, how to prepare for a Master's Degree or Law Degree, relationships, how to deal with drama within an organization or group, and many more. There was a career fair as well as Entrepreneur Vending Fair. I was not sure what to expect, but I am glad that I had the chance to experience this conference because I am now more motivated, excited, and educated in networking than I have ever been. If you would like to know more about SBSLC here is the website where all the fun begins. http://sbslc.org/.





No comments:

Post a Comment