Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Graduate Class


       It has been a year since I've taken classes. I've been excited and also dreading going back to school. Mostly because I've had that year off to forget everything that I learned. My Master's will be in Human Resource Development (HRD). I'm taking 2 classes this semester.
       One class is online and it just so happens that I have a co-worker in it which I think will be very helpful. The other class is the main one that I was dreading. It is from 6-8:40 on my day off during the week. I didn't think I would be able to sit through a 2 hour and 40 minutes long class each week. The professor e-mailed out the syllabus and I learned that my department actually has hybrid classes.
         The hybrid classes meet once every other week. I only have to go to this class a total of 8 times this semester and have 2 weeks to do any homework. The class seems like it is going to be fun as well. The professor said that as long as we share our life experiences with him then we will do excellent in the class.      
           Going to class last night took a lot of the pressure off. We only have to read 5 chapters in the next 2 weeks and come up with 3 questions to discuss in the class. I've already ready the 5 chapters so I'm hoping this class will be a breeze. Now I just have to figure out how the online class is going to work. If you are looking for a graduate program I would definitely suggest HRD. The program is designed with a lot of online classes. If you have a face-to-face class it would be once every 2 weeks. It is definitely a good option for people who are trying to work and go to school at the same time.

You can click the following link for more information about UT Tyler graduate programs.
http://www.uttyler.edu/graduate/

No comments:

Post a Comment