Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Graduate School

I applied to UT Tyler last Thursday for graduate school. I received an acceptance e-mail yesterday letting me know that I have been admitted on a provisional basis. Once I take the GRE I will be admitted without any provisions. 'm excited and ready to start, but also nervous at the same time. I was actually quite surprised at how fast they informed me that I was accepted. I guess I didn't realize that the process would be that quick and easy. It has been a year since I graduated with my Bachelor's. I'll have to get back into studying and doing homework. I wasn't the first person in my family to graduate with my Bachelor's, but I would be the first to graduate with my Master's. If someone had asked me while I was still in college if I was ever going to go to grad school the answer would have been no. I was ready to be out of school and to be a grown up. Now that I am a grown up I wish I was still in school and had my parents paying my bills, but everyone has to grow up at some point. I'm still learning how to be a real grown up, but I think I'm heading in the right direction since I've decided to further my education. This is going to be a long journey, but I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment