Friday, November 19, 2010

When Will the Madness Stop....

We are soon approaching the holidays and so much happens during this time of the year. Today was a very tragic day for me and my family. My cousin was in a head -on collision with an eighteen wheeler. He was the driver and his friend, the passenger died on the scene. My cousin is still in critical condition and is fighting for his life. We are unaware if the driver of the eighteen wheeler was driving while intoxicated, but witnesses that were driving behind him believe that he was. I know many of us often hear about Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and we often are warned to not drink and drive. You never really know what it's like until someone close to you is involved. Last year around this same time my older brother was also in a fatal accident where the driver ran a red light and hit him. He was left him in critical condition. We should take more precaution while driving because you never really know if the other drivers are alert and driving with caution. I am guilty myself of not practicing safe driving. For example, text messaging while driving, which seems to have much higher rates of deaths than drunk driving does. I hope that everyone can still have fun this holiday season, but please do it responsibly. If you know that you are going to be drinking please have a designated driver to get to your destination. I wish everyone a safe and prosperous holiday. If you are interested in the MADD program here is the web page: http://www.madd.org/.

This is a YouTube video that I found which relates to this story. I am sure many of you have seen this, but this video clip is definitely an eye opener that makes you think twice before drinking and driving. This lady also appeared on the Oprah show. Take A Look!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXo_usX7Tw&feature=related




Extra clip about Drinking and Driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZye89P5sGc

No comments:

Post a Comment