Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Lovely Bones.

I started reading this book the other day and I have to say it's much better than the movie. I absolutely loved the movie, but the book has gone into much more detail about Susie Salmon, the main character in the story who gets killed. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, it's about Susie getting murdered and her family trying to solve and deal with her murder. The whole time though, Susie is looking down on them from what she calls "my heaven". The story is told from her perspective. It's really sad because it goes into detail about her being murdered and her going to "heaven", but how the story is told you almost forget that she is dead. While reading or even watching, I thought any moment she was going to come back to her family, but then I would remember that that was never going to happen because she was dead. Here lately I have really gotten back into reading. When I was younger I hated reading, but now I love it. I have about six books right now that I want to read and being on break is a perfect time to read them!

1 comment:

Bianca See said...

I agree. I could totally tell the book was better than the movie.

Post a Comment