Thursday, June 6, 2013

Times Are Changing at the University of Texas at Tyler, and I Couldn't Be More Excited

As Bob Dylan once sang, "For the times they are a-changin'."  My life has taken me on quite the adventure for the past few months.  My name is Carver Hodgkiss and I am one of the newest additions to the UT Tyler Student Blogging team.  I just finished my Freshman year at the University of Texas at Tyler, working towards my ultimate goal of receiving a Bachelor's in History.  This past year has certainly been an interesting one!

To tell you a little more about myself, I am a dork.  There's not much more to me, unfortunately.  I like to play video games, I love to read, and I love to debate (not the arguing kind, but the academically competitive kind.) I try to be funny, but as you will soon find out, I am not very successful.  

The strangest thing for me is that my first year of college is already over!  I feel like it was just yesterday sitting in elementary school trying to calculate the exact number of days until I was "done with school forever."  It has been an excellent year, though.  I have met new people, gotten to travel the country with the UT Tyler Forensics Team, and learned so much about myself - like how much better at procrastinating I have become. 

I am a member of the UT Tyler Forensics Team, and I compete in what is called Parliamentary Debate.  I will likely spend a majority of my time with the Student Blogging Team discussing my adventures with the team.  I can tell you this, though, you will certainly be seeing some awesome pictures  and descriptions of places that we travel.  For example, our national tournament last semester was held at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.  I got some excellent pictures of various mountain ranges that we passed along the way.  So get ready!

Bob Dylan was right; the times certainly are changing. I am SO excited to be working for this team! I am looking forward to providing you readers with information regarding my exploits as I progress through the ranks at the University of Texas at Tyler.  

If you want to see some pictures that I have already posted, check out our Tumblr and Pinterest pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment