Monday, September 17, 2012

New Kid on the Blog

My name is Kathryn Howell (Kat), and I am the new kid on the blog! Just to put a face with the name:

This was my "excited face" on the first day of school at UT Tyler this semester!
I am a senior General Studies and transient student at UT Tyler! This is my first and last semester here, because I will graduate from Henderson State University in December.

This was a very last minute (and certifiably insane) decision, but I knew that it was the right one from the moment I began the application process. All of the directions were clear and thorough, the faculty were friendly and helpful, and I was admitted in no time! Now that the semester has started, I am immersed in my very interesting classes and all of the homework that comes along with them.




My most unusual class is without a doubt Accelerated Chinese 1. This class is a 6 hour course for first-time Chinese language learners, and it is proving to be quite the challenge! I will now introduce myself in Chinese:

你好!我叫候凯林。我是英文学生。

Pretty cool, huh? (I used InputKing to help me copy the characters into here).

I also particularly enjoy walking around the beautiful campus and just enjoying the view. The location of this campus is perfect, and it still finds a way to allow us to see beautiful buildings, trees and grass all around, and the turtle by the lakes! That last one is my personal favorite. :) Check out the campus map and virtual tour to electronically experience the beauty for yourself!

When I'm not studying the ins and outs of the Chinese language, I enjoy spending time with my family and getting used to driving my new 5-speed mustang convertible! I'm still working on a name for this beauty...any suggestions?



I'm looking forward to more posts! Until next time... 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kat! It's wonderful to see that you have fallen in love with the campus! 5 speed, huh? That'll definitely take some getting used to! You should drive it on a more long distance trip to really get her under your feet! I think you should name her Rosita (with a strong rolled R), because that's a mighty spicy car! I look forward to reading more of your adventures!

MOTS!

Valerie Howell said...

Hahaha I second the vote for Rosita (with a rolled R ;) ) I know how good at rolling your R's you are! You're the best blogger everrrrr!!! <3

20-something girl. said...

Anonymous: Thank you for the comment! I appreciate the encouragement.

Val: You're just picking on me because you KNOW that I can't roll my Rs! :( Lol, but Thank you!

The couple of names that I have strongly considered and kind of stuck with are Melody (Mel for short) and Peeta Mellark. Dorky, I know, but I was going for something with an M sound in it for the alliteration with "Mustang!" :P

Anonymous said...

I love the blog! :D
When you come see me, you need to teach me Chinese... and we need to cruise around in your nameless car.

"Get in loser, we're going to get ICEEs!"

I love you! :)

Unknown said...

Hello Kat
I am very happy to know that you will graduate from Henderson State University and you will complete graduation in December. It's wonderful to see that you introduce myself in Chinese.
thanks for sharing a beautiful blog with us
regards
Car Service Dallas TX

Case McGowan said...

Kat!

What an epic blog, what year is your stang? And how many people attend HSU?

Thanks for turning us on to your cool blog!

Case
www.EastsideCarpetCare.com

Post a Comment