Monday, November 28, 2011

Back at it...

So, Thanksgiving was everything I was expecting it to be. There were 2 turkeys, countless sides, football (the Cowboys managed to pull one out), and cake. Lord, there was cake. We didn't eat ourselves silly, but we could have if we'd wanted to. The only thing I didn't care for was lugging all the extra food back home with us. It's a pain moving all of that food, but there wasn't so much that we had to stay up until 3 o'clock in  morning trying to put it away.


The other thing that bothers me is the homework I had to do over the break. Yes, this means I'm going to complain about it, but I'm sure a lot of you had to go through this too. In my mind, whenever we go on a "break", be it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or the spring, there should be some kind of truce between students and teachers clearly stating that no work will be given during that break. Seriously, someone needs to make this a legal document. How am I supposed to fully appreciate the holiday when I've got schoolwork hanging over me, namely the 5 papers I have to finish before next week. But alas, we'll just have to wait all this out until December.

On the bright side, I did get to do a little shopping before I left. I got a nice new purse to carry all of my (horrible) textbooks, paper, etc. I also bought a new scarf, some fancy chopsticks, and a few new clothes. All in all, this Thanksgiving was alright. All that's left of this year is the break that counts... Two weeks, everyone!

4 comments:

Bianca See said...

After the 30th time, it's finally up.

Amelia Harrell said...

Yess. Well done.

ElyCorum said...

Ely

Bianca See said...

Really, Ely?

Post a Comment