Remember a while back when I said that I would hopefully not be disappearing for extended periods of time again? Apparently I lied. *laughs* But I'm glad to be back. There is something oddly comforting about this particular job.
Anyway, all of the big things that I have to report are related to the UT Tyler Student Government Association. The UT Tyler Student Government elections are coming up (April 14th and 15th) and Candidate Packets are available now in the UC 4300 suite (Hopefully they'll be up online soon, but I've been having a hard time getting them put together the way I want them). If you're interested in making a difference on the campus, you should totally consider running. If you have any questions about Student Government you can ask myself (rhernandez@patriots.uttyler.edu) or SGA President Amy Whitehouse (awhitehouse@patriots.uttyler.edu). We've both been in SGA for four years now, and we'll do our best to steer you in the right direction. You can also ask my fellow bloggers Robert Collier and Cameron Leger if you'd like additional insights.
Oh, yes, and Patriots Preview day is tomorrow. if you can make it, you totally should. The best part (in my opinion) is the Student Organization Showcase. I mean, it's important to learn more about the programs offered here, but the students (and organizations) that are already on campus can totally change your school experience. If you would like to attend, but have not yet registered, you can sign up at the event itself. Show up at the Herrington Patriot Center at 8:30 to be sure you get in.
All right guys. I hope you all have a great weekend. Also, don't forget to join us for Patriot Preview Day!
PS: Does anyone other than me like how I managed to totally promote my Student organization in the post? *laughs*
No comments:
Post a Comment