Friday, March 19, 2010

Patriot Preview Day 2006

It was in the spring of 2006 when I first came to visit the University of Texas at Tyler. Drove up to the HPC and was taken aback by the sheer size of the gym with all its windows. I think speechless might be a better way of describing how I felt. I came to UT Tyler for Patriot Preview Day and had no idea what I was getting myself into.

First thing was first; we all piled into the basketball gym to hear the President of UT Tyler’ Dr. Mabry’ speak about the University and all it has to offer. Then we were all split into groups and took a short tour of the campus. My group’s first stop was the administration building where we… well, honestly don’t know what information was said there. I know I should have been listening, but I saw something amazing. Something I was not expecting to see. A lake! Yes, a lake! Not just one lake, but two lakes! I looked at my parents and they knew I had made up my mind to attend UT Tyler.

After walking through the campus and noticing the lakes, the disc golf course, the beautiful beach entry pool with many extras, the many computer labs, and the huge 4 story library, we went back to where we started, in the basement of the HPC or more commonly known as the basketball gym. Once we walked in, we noticed there were lots of food and plenty of goodies on the tables (I’ll get to that later). Once we finished eating, Dr. Mabry spoke again, thanking us and wishing us much success in our future endeavors.

My overall experience with this school since then has been wonderful! I have been through a lot at this school and would not take anything back. Well, there was this one time where…. Just joking! Like I was saying, I would not take anything back. Even though I was in many student organizations and attended many on campus events, I wish I would have been even more involved.

Last but not least, the goodies. What was ever so amazing that I had to wait for the end to tell you? Well, there was candy, more candy, and my SCHOLARSHIP INFO! Oh yeah! Once I received that, I knew my parents were more certain than I was about me attending UT Tyler.

Side Note… Patriot Preview Day 2006 started me at UT Tyler and Patriot Preview Day 2010 will be the end of my reign at UT Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment