Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Study Abroad II

Hey Guys. As promised, here is the next entry in the chronicles of my summer studying abroad *laughs* If you're interested, please feel free to also check out the first entry in the saga.






While we were wandering London aimlessly, we decided to a visit a toy store that we had heard about. Thus, we ended up at Hamleys. Best Toy Store EVER. It was like 5 floors of super fun goodness. And on the top floor you could also get ice cream and food and stuff. Super awesome.













One day the girl I was traveling with (Let's call her.... Jennah) got restless and decided that we should wander the city. I mean, we had a few places we intended to see but then it kind of got out of control. So, somehow, we ended up outside of Parliament. Random fact: the tower that you see is in fact NOT Big Ben. Big Ben is the bell that is INSIDE the tower.










So, this is my "Prove I was actually there" picture. *laughs* We got to visit Stonehenge, which was amazing. I mean, I know it's really just a pile of rocks, but I think that once you're there you realize the enormity of what the rocks actually represent.






So, on the same day that we visited Stonehenge, we also visited Winchester. So, we got to see King Arthur's Round Table (Okay, so apparently it isn't old enough to actually be his table, but still...)






The York retreat. The hyperlink is included for those of you who aren't Psychology majors, or randomly into the history of Psychiatric medicine (Seriously, what's wrong with you people? *laughs*). Just to be at such a historically important place was.... Wow. Just wow.




Once again, these are only the highlights of the week. I mean, I also was able to shop at Harrods again, lose my debit card (I found it again, by the way), see Chicago and The Lion King, visit the Ferrari Store, shop at Covent Garden, see Buckingham Palace and experience a painful bakery. And I had a chance to catch the Plague. Okay, maybe not the plague, but I was WAY sick for a few days.... *sighs*
Anywho, just another plug for UT Tyler. Without them and their help in finding (and ultimately helping to pay for) the program, I would have been stuck at home for another summer. If you're interested in a Summer Study abroad to London, Dr. Robert Sterken is currently organizing it. Please feel free to contact him (rsterken@uttyler.edu ) or myself (rhernandez@uttyler.edu) for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment