Friday, August 20, 2010

The plans for Tyler

Me and a few of my associates went to a city planner meeting about the future of UT Tyler and the city of Tyler. And they had a lot of good suggestions and I agreed with some of the things they suggested. I think that the school could stand to have a strip mall type thing closer to the school for some of our students that do not have vehicles. A lot of close businesses would help a lot of people, and bring in some good money! Making the school more beautiful by adding more of a park atmosphere would definitely be awesome, I think the school is gorgeous and would like to see it be even more beautiful. But there were a few things I didn't like, like adding more medians to the areas near the school. The longer turning lanes really help out a lot since we get so backed up with traffic. And replacing a few traffic lights with something called "Roundabouts" which is sorta like what they have in England, where you just turn in a circle until you can get off? I didn't like that idea at all. But yeah, a few great ideas, that could definitely help the school grow and I really would like to see my school become bigger and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment