Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh those silly robots

Has anybody noticed that 90% of the time when we get comments on our blogs they're of an Asian decent? Meaning that the username is Asian characters and the comment is in Asian characters. And when translated the sentences and phrases mean little if anything. My question is... what the heck? How/why are they doing that? Do we really get a lot of overseas readers whose only entertainment is to write broken sayings like "the trees that blossom in the fall will not do so in spring." Am I the only one perturbed about this? I have so many questions for them. Also, I saw on yahoo news something about celebrity fashion blunders and they featured "Snooky" from the Jersey Shore reality show... thats not a celebrity! Not in any way shape or form... I'm sorry but that irked me, I just dont get our society.

1 comment:

Joseph McCullough said...

They are spam-bots. The purpose behind their spam is Search Engine Optimization. Each time they leave a comment, it creates a backlink to the URL they specify, which in turn can help Search Engine Rankings.

Post a Comment