Spring Break 2010 was remarkable! Started off with a carbo dinner for triathletes of the Athen’s Triathlon hosted by the First Baptist Church of Athens and ended with some good quality church, family and girlfriend time, respectively. This spring break was special, this spring break was different, this spring break was unique because there were several firsts that occurred in my life. The first first that happened in my life was that I brought my girlfriend home to Deer Park to see my house, where I grew up, and the rest of my family. It was a total success and brought us closer together! The second first that came in my life was that my mom and grandma were getting ready for a 10 day trip to Israel and Jordan with our church to see the Holy Lands and get baptized in the Jordan River. The next first that occurred in my life was that I saw Toby Keith in concert, at the 2010 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and what an awe inspiring show he put on. He did what he does best; rock out, salute our troops, and love America. Another first that came in my life was that I put on my aerodynamic water bottle on my tri bike (picture below). This water bottle should help scrape a few seconds off my bike time in my next triathlon on April 25, 2010 in Flower Mound, Texas. The last first that went on in my life was that I took my dog, Lucky, to the dog park in my city and he actually moved around and played with other dogs! This is very uncommon for my dog because he tends to sleep, eat, and hang out rather than chew on toys or play fetch.
I am confident that my Spring Break 2010 was the best spring break I have ever had!
Now to get onto business, I wanted to tell you the great things I did on my spring break to show you that even though I live in Tyler, Texas and go to UT Tyler I can still have fun and visit many places. UT Tyler is in a strategic location, right in the middle of Texarkana, Dallas, Waco, Houston, and Shreveport/Bossier City. If you go to this school you can drive a couple hours to see countless places that many people, especially students going to college/university, never get to see.
(My tri bike, Darth Maul, with my new aerodynamic water bottle behind the seat)

1 comment:
I like your style homie, both writing and life. You even through in a good ol fashioned anaphora. Nice work!!
Post a Comment